Sunday, May 29, 2011

Maren and the Dream of Horses

I Love Horses

Saturday afternoon I was indulging in a little nap when my husband woke me up and informed me that I needed to change into my jeans. My half asleep self mumbled, "ugh, why?" "Because you can't ride a horse in a skirt," said the hubs. Hooray! I've been wanting to go horseback riding for a long time now. It's something I've never done and I just wanted to know what it's like, you know? Anyway, after many not-too-subtle hints (i.e.- saying "when am I going horseback riding?" periodically), my dear spouse took the hint and surprised me with a trail ride for my birthday.

It turns out, riding a horse is a bit like raising a toddler. Old Tom was constantly trying to wander to the side of the trail to snack on the trees. Being the experienced layer of smack-down that I am, however, I let him know that I meant business, and we had a pleasant ride through the park.

Sadly, I did not remember my camera, so I have no pictures to share with you of Tom or the cool old bus sitting on the stable's property. Instead, I though you might like a sparkly animated GIF. You LOVE those, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment