Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"I Suck" and other stories

I've been avoiding you. I'm sorry, but it's true. Over the past month I have THOUGHT about many would-be blog posts, but none of them happen because of the grouchy jerk in my head who lets me know that I am boring and nobody wants to read what I write. Oh, she also let's me know how bad my photos are in no uncertain terms. Every day I sit down with my Goggle Reader and enjoy Harper's Happenings, Little Chief Honeybee, Katie's Pencil Box, Alphabet and other awesome blogs. I get lots of great inspiration from these folks, but they also set off that grouch again who let's me know that I could never do what they do.

So, there you have it-- if you didn't already know-- I have terrible self esteem. I have been trying really hard to change this, but it's hard to just toss away something that's been with you since elementary school, ya know?

One thing I will say: I think I've made real progress with my body image, and I very much owe this to the blogs I read. All the lovely ladies blogging about style have inspired me to think more about what I wear and to try more daring outfits, even if I am not a size 2 (or even a size 10, come to that). I feel better about the way I look, no question...now I just need to find a way to feel better about the person I am inside and the things that I do.

What do YOU do when you need a self-esteem boost?



p.s.- You know what actually helped a little? Writing this post. How 'bout that.

No comments:

Post a Comment