Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Moo

This week I have been pretty upset about milk.

You see, we receive WIC benefits (it really saved our butts when breastfeeding failed us and we had to switch Murphy to formula, a story for another day). Now that Murph is a year old, one of the items that we get with our check is whole milk for the little guy to drink\. Now organic milk is not allowed, and I can kind of understand this because it is A LOT more expensive than regular milk. However, I have been unable to find a way to get milk that is growth hormone free, even though I really should be able to.

The hormone-free milk from upstate farms comes in 1/2 gallon containers only. This is the only non-organic hormone free option in our grocery stores. But my check says "1 gallon". Now you would think that as long the price is still within the limits of the check that I should be able to get 2 half gallon jugs with my 1 gallon of milk check, right? I mean, why not? But it is still not allowed.

Now I understand that this is a public assistance program and, you know, beggars can't be choosers, but the thing is there isn't a difference! I wouldn't be costing them any more money or breaking any rules other than the simple fact of one single container versus two smaller containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment